Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day #8876 - December Doings

Looking back at my last few posts, I've realized that's it's not exactly fair to call this my writing and life blog if I'm only posting YouTube videos...

And so, a real blog post!

What's been going on with me is both a lot and a whole lot of nothing if that makes any sense at all. Work is busy, but mostly in a good way. That being said, I'll be super happy when winter break finally comes at the end of next week because I want to get caught up on reading, plus I want to get back into writing. I must confess, I haven't written much of anything since NaNoWriMo ended, but my brain needed time to recharge. I won't be going back to that story right away, though. I'm planning on revisiting Summer Project - we've had enough time apart where I think I can get back into it with a better sense or perspective, and my process will be pretty much the exact opposite of NaNo. While I hope to get back into writing every day, I plan to take my sweet, sweet time.

And then there's Queryland. Nothing much to report on that front except to say that I've recently jumped back in the game. I have a new draft of my query letter which I think is eons better than the last one, so hopefully the responses will be more favorable (aka not just form rejections). Keep your fingers crossed for me! I know at some point I'll have to think long and hard about if this is a book which simply will not be published, but I'm not ready to give up on it - I still believe in it very much.

I really wish I had something juicer for you all, but those are actually the high lights (without getting too personal because, you know, it's the Internet and we've got to have boundaries to keep up the illusion that I'm actually incredibly interesting). I mean, I've been going to the gym more. Christmas decorations are up and fabulous. And here in Chicagoland we set a new record for the most consecutive days without snow (281 in case you were wondering), but none of that is exactly thrilling. I think that pretty much covers it for now.

So...yeah. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment