Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day #8647 - Progress Report

Well, blog, it's certainly been a while, hasn't it? Just thought I'd take a few minutes here and fill you in on what's been going on with me in the last few weeks since I posted anything here.

No news yet about my query, but I'm not surprised at all. Agents are busy people, sometimes getting a couple hundred queries a week. I just sent mine off at the beginning of the month. These things take time, and like I've said before, I don't have any grandiose ideas about what could be coming my way. On this front, I know that hard work, practice, and many years of dedication must be put in before the payoff, and even that's not guaranteed. But I'm good with that.

In the meantime, I have my new story. To be honest, it could be going better. To be really honest, I haven't been giving it the time it needs. You know I've said before that I thought Meg Cabot's advice to try to write a page a day (it doesn't necessarily have to be a good page, either, just as long as you're writing something) was brilliant and I was doing that? Well while that was true with my first two endeavors in novel writing, this time around I've let that get away from me. Work got a bit crazy there, and I'm now exactly one week away from being done with my master's degree. Since I will no longer have homework to do, that means more time on weekends and in the evenings for me to write.

And let me tell you, I am determined. Even if nothing ever happens with my stories, even if they end up being nothing more than really large files on my computer forever and ever, that's okay. I write because I have stories I need to write. The publishing would just be a really great bonus.

That, dear readers, is really the long and the short of it. Hopefully I'll have a more exciting post coming your way soon, but until then, here's hoping that life is treating you all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment