Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day #8083 - 10/10/10

Don't really have anything particular to write about today, so this post is most likely just going to be a smattering of random thoughts. Prepare yourselves.

I'm completely loving today's date right now, and as one of my old high school buddies who is currently living in London, England posted on facebook, it's awesome because its coolness is amplified because it doesn't matter if you're in a country that writes the date day/month/year or month/day/year. Good times all around, people!

Also, here's a 26.2 mile shoutout to my neighbor Kelly and anyone else who ran the Chicago Marathon this morning. You are all rockstars in my eyes, that's a seriously awesome accomplishment and you should all be incredibly proud of yourselves.

With it being 84 degrees out right now, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about it being this warm in October. Those who know me know that I love cold weather, but I can also appreciate sunshine and being able to go out without a coat. But really, 84?? It's warmer now than I feel like it was in August! But the leaves are pretty much completely turned and falling, which makes me smile. (Also, the sight of kids raking their lawns while wearing shorts and tee-shirts is pretty funny because it's so weird.)

And I'm sure I could say more, but there's nothing really left to say. I couldn't let such a great date go without a post, so now that I've filled that self-obligation, I feel comfortable moving on with the rest of my afternoon.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment