Monday, August 16, 2010

Day #8028 - I Get Knocked Down

Let me tell you, readers, when I get sick, I seem to get knocked down to the floor. Not fun to say the least. At least with colds you can usually feel it coming, but I have no idea what's gotten to me. I wasn't able to sleep at all last night due to this continuous feeling like I was getting punched in the stomach, which has been continuing all day combined with a headache to boot. Oh the joys of summer. I'm more bummed because I was excited to run and get back into my regular workout routine, but I think if it were possible, my head would kill me if I tried.

It brings my thoughts back to the saying "be careful what you wish for." How many times in college did I probably wish, 'If only I could stay in bed all day.' Maybe on a rainy Saturday afternoon watching movies and I had no homework or other obligations, but being in bed all day not feeling well and knowing you have a to-do list waiting for you just sucks the fun out of the whole experience. I just printed out my syllabuses for my classes this fall and I already need to start my readings that need to be done for my first days of classes next week. So I better feel better by tomorrow, or else I'm still going to drag myself to the library and convince myself that I'm fine. Will power, baby!

Here's hoping all of you are doing well, readership. Stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Tummy issues? Are you feeling any better? Cuz if you ain't...DOCTOR!

    ReplyDelete